Grit Blasting is a metal surface finishing process where abrasive particles are pneumatically accelerated and forcefully directed against a surface.
These high speed abrasive particles remove contaminants from the materials surface and condition the surface for subsequent finishing.
Typical Grit Blasting applications include:
- Roughening surfaces in preparation for thermal spraying, painting, bonding or other coating operations
- Removing rust, scale, sand, or paint
- Removing burrs
- Providing a matte surface finish
- Removing flash from moulded components
- Cosmetic surface enhancement or etching